Sunday, April 6, 2008

Totally Addicted to Bag Making


This is my latest creation. I posted the above photo over at Craftster a few days ago and got a fairly good response. I got a number of members interested in obtaining instructions on how to make this lovely bag. I found the pattern and instructions on the site You Can Make This.com. They give it for free once you sign up for their newsletter. Really great stuff.

My fabric stash is growing (mostly fat quarters) and truly, my mind is going into overdrive. I can't stop thinking about what kind of bag I'm going to sew next. I borrow bag-making books from the local library almost weekly. Yesterday, I had reserved three books that were still onloan. I had just bought a downloadable pattern from the internet and am currently bidding on an Amy Butler frenchy bag pattern on eBay.

It's funny 'cause I'm not even a bag person. I basically use just one shoulder bag, a leather messenger type one. I'm totally hooked on bag making and not on the bags themselves! I like admiring each finished project. Maybe I am just trying to have some form of affirmation here...that I am capable of creating something beautiful.

Well, I'm addicted...someone please help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment