Friday, August 14, 2009

First of Many

Can't believe this is actually my third entry for the week. I can't help but get overexcited when I finish something. I just want to share it here right away.

The thrifted flowery bed linen has been cut up! And I've already made two Fold and Zip Shopping bags. So lovely how they turned out. And heaps better than the original ones I made.





Like sunshine in your eyes, isn't it? Makes me want to go shopping...but, nah, I think I would prefer to sew instead. Still have a huge, huge piece of this fabric left. What do you think I should do with it next? Your suggestions would be most appreciated!

Have a lovely weekend ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty sheet! Your shopping bags are great ... they'd make great gifts! The fabric would make a lovely picnic quilt - it looks fun and fresh and sunny :) How about the lining for a denim tote, with a matching zipper bag (using your tutorial, of course!) ... or a wine bottle bag ... different sizes of drawstring bags for gift bags ... a sundress for a little girl ... the backing for cage (pet) quilts ... a bathmat (backed with chenille) ... summer curtain valance ... pillowcases ... placemats ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable and I really love the fabric! You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought of a picnic rug, lines with fleece. Or cushions for garden chairs. Or a table cloth for your garden table.
    A cover for the toaster and other kitchen machines. A laundry bag. A shoe bag for when you go on holiday (just a long drawstring bag).
    Thank you for sharing with us!
    Ada from England

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just made shopping even more fun! Such bright and cheerful bags. And your workmanship is undoubtedly superb! I would have probably sewn over my fingers. Hehe... Good job! -me@salihan.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little zippered bags! So handy! I hope you don't mind I posted your tutorial for these to my brand new craftiness blog:

    http://intelligent-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your yellow flowers! I would sew a Summer skirt with the fabric left... probably because it's so hot here ;)

    ReplyDelete