Monday, February 12, 2018

Thank you (and some good news!)

Just dropping in really quickly to say a huge 'Thank You!" to everyone who bought the Cakes from the Heart eBook in the last couple of weeks! It has been heartwarming (and a bit overwhelming) to know that many of you really believe in what I do and want to continue baking with me and learning from me. I hope you will have loads of fun baking all the cakes in the book! As much as you say I inspire you, I am also, in return, inspired by you, to continue creating and I am now really pushing myself further so I can deliver a Book 3 in the near future 😉. I hope my cakes will remain a part of all your family occasions for years to come!

Some of you have been asking if you can buy a printed copy of the book. As I've mentioned in my last post, I've checked the prices over at Blurb and they are really high! This book is even more pricey than the first book because it has more pages. Anyway, Blurb offers discounts quite often and if you sign up for an account, you will get notifications when these discounts are available. You don't really have to buy it at full price.

Recently, Blurb offered a 40% off if you buy at least 4 books so I took advantage and ordered my very first hard copies. After much anticipation, my books finally arrived today!



Just like the Frosted Heaven book, the cover came out a little bit dark. I don't blame the printer though.  To be honest, my cake photos aren't very professional and were all just taken from my old iPhone. I don't do any styling or what not. I take photos not really for the intention of putting them in a book.  It just so happens that they end up in one! The photos are not too bad though.  They just look better in their digital form!

Other than the darkness of the cover, everything else is great! I do feel ecstatic to see my hard work come to life.  I know it's a simple, little book but I am nevertheless proud. 😊

Anyway, I don't really need four copies of this book. I bought one hardbound book and three softcovers. The good news is....I have decided to sell the two softcovers on Etsy! If you really want to have a printed copy, here is your chance to get it at a much lower price! And whoever will buy these two copies will be the first two people (aside from me, of course) to own one!

Want it? Go get it from Etsy now!

UPDATE: The two copies are already SOLD. I am listing my THIRD and LAST softcover.  You can grab it here.

UPDATE: Third copy is SOLD as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Corinne! First of all congrats on your book, I'm so thrilled that it's now in the market. Wish I saw this earlier and bought either soft or hard copy from Etsy. I'd really be happy to own one of your books. More power to you and looking forward to more books books and recipes from you in the future. Take care. ~Mela~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corrine! Its been a while since the last time I read your blog. I really wanted to buy your books, however I'm from the Philippines. Though I have in-laws living there in Victoria, I'm not sure when will be there next visit here in the Philippines. I haven't read most of your new blogs, but I still hope that you'll let me know how to purchase your books(hardcopy).

    Also, I've read "why I did what I did"... speechless... kapwa pilipino pa talaga ang gumawa...

    Anyway, hope to hear from you soon. I really wish to visit Victoria and meet you. God bless you and your family. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The printed books are only sold online, at the Blurb bookstore. You can order them from the Philippines and they will ship it to you. However, I can imagine, with the shipping and taxes, it will be very costly for you. The eBooks are a less expensive option.

      Delete