Saturday, February 7, 2009

I had a rough day...

Why I had made a wrong turn yesterday morning into this very busy street, God only knows. There were a lot of construction works going on. Parked trucks and cars on both side of the road. And that one quick (and stupid) decision I made turned out to be disastrous. I hit a parked pickup truck that left my car without a left side mirror and an 18" scratch.

I took all my kids to school, then called my husband to explain what had happened. While I knew in my heart he would be disappointed, he didn't show it. Not a sign of anger. He just said, "Don't worry about it. I'll fix it when I get home."

I returned to the "scene of the crime" to look for the truck's owner. I figured that if had caused damaged to my car then I might have done some damage to the truck as well. I asked around and it turned out the owner was one of the workers digging this hole in the nature strip. He had no clue of what had transpired earlier. I told him about the accident, he had a quick look at his truck then said to me the same thing..."Don't worry about it." He was a nice, young bloke.

Thank goodness for compassionate people.

I went home relieved but still with a bit of a tremor in my hands. I had to find a way to release the tension. And so I sewed... and sewed... and sewed... the rest of morning. By lunchtime, I had finished this...


A perfect fit with a side pocket to boot!  

Now I am bracing up for the scorching weather ahead (44 C/111 F).  Hopefully, though hot, it will be a better day for me...

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great weekend to make up for a lousy day.

    Those turned out adorable though. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts look great. Now you look cool while staying cool! Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear!! I hope your weekend makes up for your day!

    I forgot that it was summer where you are, it's wicked cold in Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete