I admit it...I am in a sewing slump. I have tried many times during the past weeks to think of something to make but failed to get even a bit of inspiration. I know that if I force myself just for the sake of it, I would only end up with something I am not happy with.
Such was the case with this carry case for my new mobile phone. I needed one and there was a free pattern in the same magazine as the market bag pattern.
Looks like a pretty decent job, doesn't it? It actually is. A few issues, however.
First, I had problems sewing together the lining/flap/loop/case outside together along the top because of the small opening. It was difficult to maneuver. I did figure out much later (after I had finished everything) that there was an easier way.
The phone fits nice and snug. However, my kids commented that if I was in a hurry to answer a call, the button closure made it a bit hard to get the phone out quickly. Such a small inconvenience but true...
I found the back pocket too tight for its intended purpose. It doesn't provide much security for the headset and stylus either.
The lanyard was my own addition as I wanted have an option of hanging the case around my neck rather than hooking it to my jeans.
As soon as I get my inspiration back, my first project would be a much improved version of this one. Hope that would come soon...in the meantime, I might just spend my time enjoying this coolest phone ever!