Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I ♥ Japanese fabric

I recently made a fabric journal cover (to go with a journal, of course) to give as a birthday present for my daughter's classmate. I took advantage of this opportunity to take photos and update my Fabric Journal Cover eBook listing on Etsy.

Adorable Japanese fabric does wonders to a simple project, doesn't it?


French animal faces fabric by Kokka


Close-up of heart button closure and pen loop


Something I made differently with this cover (which is not in the original pattern) is this ribbon page marker. A great addition, if I may say so myself.



The recipient was very happy and even thanked me personally. Why wouldn't she be? Handmade gifts are the best after all.



By the way, I am still looking for a swap partner. Head on over here, if interested (just scroll down to the bottom).

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that! I adore that fabric as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, The journal cover featured here is not for sale. What is listed on my Etsy shop is the eBook containing the instructions on how to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, beautiful. boy, they're so lucky to have a classmate with a mom like you. by the way, i'm really seriously considering shifting craft after what you told me that you used to bake a lot. golly, ang taba ko na, waaaa, i need to divert my attention from the kitchen area hehehe.

    ReplyDelete