Monday, September 21, 2009

The makings of an eBook

In my previous post, I mentioned about creating a new eBook. The truth is, I've been laboring on it for months now. My pattern has gone from one revision to another as I have been trying to find the easiest sewing process as well as the simplest explanation to go with it. It's been a challenge...

Personally, I prefer including loads of photos to go with my instructions because I like my readers to be able to figure out what to do just by looking at them. Taking photos can be a real pain for me though. Natural lighting is the best, but the weird Melbourne weather is just too difficult to work with! Yesterday, I was all set to go on with my project but the weather kept changing from sunny to cloudy and I just could not take decent shots from inside the house.

So today, when I woke up to what seemed to be a beautiful, sunny day, I had the awesome idea of transferring my crafting outside...to our backyard. Not only was it great because it was bright, but also because I had a huge space all to myself! Why didn't I think of this before?

I started real early, was very hopeful I was going to accomplish something and that I would have all the good photos I needed...

And yey, I did it!

The weather turned cloudy just after I was done and I was so thankful I had finished what I had set out to do. Now all I need to do is organize my photos, write up the instructions and complete the PDF. Sounds easy but I still have a long way to go...

Here's just a sneak peek into my soon to come out 'How To'. It's actually something you've already seen here before though just a little bit different...

Hope you all would look forward to that!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome - that water bottle cover is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute - the best water bottle cover I've seen! Well done, it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i'd be waiting in line corrine. thanks.

    ReplyDelete