Thursday, April 22, 2010

KitchenAid mixer cover

You may have noticed that it's been a while since I last completed a sewing project. That was two months ago when I made the laptop bag for my daughter.  I have not mentioned this to you yet but that bag became such a huge hit over at my daughter's secondary school.  Everyone was raving about it, students and teachers alike.  Even the principal had a look at it.  Of course, I am stoked!  I will not be surprised if next year, the school will come up with an official laptop bag for the kids to use.  And I will certainly be proud that the inspiration came from something I originally made!

Anyway, I finally got some sewing done yesterday!  As I said last time, my KitchenAid mixer needed a cover.  I found a few tutorials on the net on how to draft a pattern but I decided to do it my own way for more precision.  I am just like that...I calculate a lot and even use math formulas if I have to.

I didn't purchase any new fabric and just used up a Japanese floral fabric that I still had a big piece of.


As you can see, the cover is quilted and it is completely lined inside too.


See that arch at the top?  That's where I had to be really exact in my measurements.


And there underneath...my precious candy apple KitchenAid mixer.

That's something from my two worlds...sewing and baking!  Hope you liked it!

3 comments:

  1. wow, i so love your cover but i just don't have the patience to make mine like that. I saw that tutorial too, couldn't remember where, perhaps at sew mama sew but made mine simpler, just needed a simple cover for my KA, but, gosh, corrine, looking at your cover makes me think of making another one. it's perfectly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it. When (if)I get a KitchenAid mixer (cobalt blue is what I'm wishing for), then I can see it will need a cover as gorgeous as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job, I found a nice kitchen fabric and was looking for ideas, will try to make like you did. thanks for posting these pictures.

    ReplyDelete