Monday, March 23, 2009

A Bag is Born

Been working really hard on my new eBook since late last week.  The process of sewing up the bag, taking photos along the way, resizing and editing photos, writing up instructions, editing and proofreading, converting to PDF...all while my computer was acting crazy...it's really pretty tiring.  But now,  I am very glad to say...I'm done!  And praying that the effort will be well worth it.

Yes...the bag has been given a name.

My first inclination was to use a name that would describe the bag's purpose. Giving it a girl's name just did not make very much sense to me. Until I got this suggestion...


Then it all made sense.  I could clearly imagine my mother in her younger years, wearing her style of blouse, a pair of capri pants, and her favourite comfy leather Naturalizer sandals... carrying this bag.  She would have loved to bring this along on occasional lunches out with her neighborhood friends or an afternoon spent playing mahjong with them.  

And so, I am proud to say, the Lily handbag is born.  Named after the most beautiful person I have ever known.

Thank you to B, for bringing out the sentimental side of me.  I will contact you shortly to ask for your complete postal address.  The bag is yours!!!

As for the eBook, it is now available in my Etsy shop.  As always, I will be hoping for everyone's support.  Thank you so much to all who participated in this giveaway.  I genuinely had fun.  I will be keeping all the bag names you have suggested in mind for my future projects.  If I do decide to use one of those names, for sure, the author will be informed and 'rewarded' accordingly.

Have a nice day!

7 comments:

  1. I think it's an excellent name =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful name for a beautiful bag. Maybe next time you will use what I suggested: Corrine or Corrine's Delight. :) I would love to have the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How appropriate named. Very sweet. I love the bag and your fabric choices. Does the bag have a gusset? I have been wanting to make a bag with a gusset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl, The bag has a 3" gusset. You can check out more photos in my previous blog entry or in my Etsy shop. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering if the instructions can be easily adjusted to make plain fabric exterior with a different fabric flap? I love your tutorials, they are always so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, The eBook actually comes with pattern pieces. If you want just a whole piece for the bag front and back (instead of piecing together the sides and middle), you probably could print out the pattern, then glue them together to come up with the bag shape. A flap pattern is also provided and you can use that as a guide in altering the shape. The assembly instructions would remain the same.

    Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. I think I am going to purchase it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete