Enough said. Just take my word for it.
Super-soft Coffee Cupcakes
1 cup less 2 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
2 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven at 180C/350F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with regular-sized paper cups.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat at high speed until foamy. Gradually add in the sugar while beating continuously.
4. Blend in vanilla, oil and coffee solution.
5. Add in egg yolks one by one, beating well after each addition.
6. Lastly, add in flour/baking powder mixture. Beat until well blended.
7. Pour batter into prepared muffin pans. Bake in oven for about 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Remove from pans and let cool slightly in a wire rack before dusting the tops with icing sugar.
Best eaten while still a bit warm. Serve with tea or ice cream!Why not bake it today? So easy...