Thursday, January 14, 2010

Idea for a new pattern

Isn't it just about time for me to come up with a new sewing pattern?  Sometimes I think I am running out of ideas.  A lot of times I find myself staring into space, not knowing what to do...

But last night, the idea just came upon me.  A digital camera cozy...why not...my husband had actually just bought a new compact digital camera. 

If I were to make a pattern though, the case would have to fit not just our camera.  I did a quick search on the internet and compared the dimensions of the top compact digital cameras currently on the market.  I took note of the largest dimensions and used them to make my case.

My case ended up being 4" tall, 2.5" wide and 1.25" deep. (That's how small digital cameras are these days!) It is padded and quilted, closes with velcro and has a strap with a swivel hook so it can be easily carried around or hung from a bag or belt loop.


Here it is...the first version.







Considering the size, the case was a little tricky to sew, just like my iPhone carry case.  As I said, this is the first version.  I think it was a bad choice to use the white fabric (cute as it was) cause by the time I was finished sewing, it wasn't as white anymore!  I made a few mistakes along the way and still have to do some adjustments in my measurements. 

The pattern and eBook will hopefully come very soon.  Please let me know your thoughts on this, ok?  Would appreciate it tremendously!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and great idea. I would agree with you on the white though as after a little time and use it'll quickly be even less white. I like that it doesn't look like a typical camera case either which is always handy when there's thieves about! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Do you need a tester? I just bought a new camera myself and have a case on my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete