Monday, August 30, 2010

A wallet and a pouch

What a tiring couple of days I had.  Apart from the usual things, I had to make a cake plus cupcakes for a birthday.  Baking is fun but it always becomes a bit stressful for me when I am getting paid for it.  I have come down with a cold and have a slight toothache as well.  But here's something that has brightened my weekend inspite...I have a new wallet!


I've been needing to make a new one and have been procrastinating for a while now.  So yay, I'm happy I finally got it done. 

I used my own long wallet pattern, but since it's been a long time since I last made a wallet like this, I had to bring out my print-out of the instructions!

 
I totally love this owl fabric but am a little worried it will get dirty right away.


I had some leftover fabric from the two fat quarters I used and found inspiration over at Pink Penguin's to make a patchwork zippered pouch.  I didn't use her tutorial though since I am already used to my own way of sewing up a pouch like this...

How cute is that?



I skipped the strap because the pouch turned out a little bigger than I originally wanted it to be.  The finished size is about 6 1/4" (H) by 8 1/4" (W). 

I know my son wouldn't use this for his DSi XL (though it's certainly a perfect fit), thus I have decided to list this on my Etsy shop instead.  I don't usually sell the things I sew, so here's your chance.  If you're interested to have it, just head on over here!

Hope you all have a great week ahead!

11 comments:

  1. the pouch is amazing! I have it "hearted". If it is still there after pay day it's MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeius the fabric you have used is lovely. I love the inside of the pouch best. I bought your pattern for this wallet and to my shame have still not made it, it is on my list of things to do, perhaps for christmas presents?
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love what u did
    i would love it one for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently found your blog and am in LOVE with your wallet. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wallet! Wish i could order the pattern, but unfortunatly I can't, for some reason. It says 'Sold' on the 'application form' (not quite the right word, I know, but i couldn't find the right one). Too bad :(

    -Edit-
    Ow, and suddenly it I can :D :D Jippie me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wallet pattern (as all my other patterns) is always available in my Etsy shop or in the eBook shop (link above). Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I ask where you purchase your fabrics? They're so lovely! I've been trying to look for colourful patterns but I can't seem to find any where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary-Jane,
    Whereabouts are you located? I am in Melbourne. When I need big cuts of fabric, I buy them at Spotlight. But if I only need small pieces, I usually buy fat quarters from Big W and just mix and match them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Corinne! I'm located in Canada, so I guess I could order online? Unfortunately a lot of the better fabric stores in my area have closed in the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is sooo cute! i love the interior fabric too-now following ;)
    please stop by my blog -i'm also participating in the sew mama sew giveaway too:)

    ReplyDelete