Thursday, October 16, 2008

Shades of my past

This morning, at my kids' school, I was watching this mum as she was holding her newborn baby. Her baby is so beautiful, I couldn't help but stare. She seemed happy chatting with the other mums, with two of her younger children sitting next to her. She actually has four -- the eldest is in Year 1, the second in Prep. The third is probably about 3 or 4 years old. And then there's the baby. I was telling my daughter that life must be really tough for her, having to care for four small kids. But although she looked tired most of the time, I have not seen her grumpy even once (at least not at school).

Then I remembered that not too long ago, I was in the same position. When we first moved to Australia, my eldest just turned 7. My second boy was 5 1/2 and my daughter, 3 1/2. The baby came the same year as the move. Now the eldest is nearly 15. I recall people telling at that time, I seemed to be coping really well. I must have handled myself beautifully. How I managed, God only knows.

Time does fly so fast, doesn't it? I used to have no time to do stuff other than to care for the house and the kids and now, the extra hours all go to crafting! Isn't that just great?

Speaking of crafting, a tutorial for a new bag is coming up....I do not want to show the bag yet so here's just a teeny, weeny peak to tease you...

I'll wrap that tutorial up very soon, I promise. There's this other project in the wings...she's been waiting for a couple of days now for some progress --

Still no hair, face or clothes! But at least I've managed to wind that yarn for the hair on cardstock. Will hopefully be able to sew that in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment