Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sewing the day away

Got to make this quick...Daylight Saving Time is commencing tomorrow and we're losing an hour. Got to get to bed and sleep!

I spent most of yesterday sewing (instead of taking care of more pressing concerns) and felt a bit guilty about it that I had to do 'penance' late last night by doing some ironing. Today, I saw something in a back issue of a craft magazine (Australian Country Threads, Vol 8 No 11) that made me feel a lot better. A stitchery pattern by Carol Newton...

It expresses every stitcher's sentiments, doesn't it? And so here I am once again, proudly showing off what I've accomplished with all that sewing.

First of all, the patchwork bags I previewed in my last post
are now done!

The pattern for this next one is from Sweet Pea Totes. It is a rather large tote. Quite easily assembled although I cheated on the handles a bit.


The other side...

Yesterday, too, as I went shopping for my lining fabric, I bought this wonderful find. When I saw it, I knew exactly what I was going to use it for...

A fabric-covered journal for my sister in-law. I hope she likes it (and doesn't see this here!).

I even managed to personalize it by embroidering her name on a piece of Aida scrap...

And lastly, I found these too. Three coordinating fat quarters that will soon be magically turned into something that's been on my mind for a while now.

As of this writing, the fabrics have already been cut. Stay tuned for that.

Well, off to bed now! The precious minutes are ticking away!

No comments:

Post a Comment